What happens if a dog eats wax

pet-dog-dachshund-long-haired-dachshund

Dogs and wax do not go well together. It is very harmful for them to eat wax because it becomes stuck in their intestines and never becomes digested. If you think your dog may have eaten some candles or something else with wax, take him to the vet right away.

Signs that your dog has eaten wax include vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite and lethargy. Watch for these signs to know if something is wrong with your pet. If you know for sure he has eaten candles or some other product containing wax, take him straight to the vet.

He probably won’t die from ingesting candles or wax but it remains stuck in his intestines and never becomes digested, which is very harmful for him. Signs that your dog has eaten wax include vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite and lethargy.

There are two dangers when it comes to dogs and wax. The first is that they can get sick from ingesting it. The second is that they will chew on the candles, which can result in burns or other injuries to their mouth and tongue. Because of this risk, it’s best not to leave lit candles around your dog when you aren’t home.

Are Candles Harmful to Dogs?

Dogs and candles do not mix. A dog may be attracted to the flame or smell of a candle or anything else that is burning with an open flame, such as incense. Although dogs love to chew on things, it’s best for your pup if you keep him away from any type of burning substance.

The heat can cause a burn, which can become infected. In addition, dogs love to chew on things and the flame could set his tongue or mouth on fire. Dogs also like to eat strange things — including candles — and this could result in an intestinal blockage that requires emergency treatment.

What to Do If Your Dog Ate a Candle

If you notice your dog eating candles, stop him immediately and then call his veterinarian. If he cannot be stopped from chewing on a lit candle or anything else with an open flame and there is no one to help you, throw the object away from him before it falls onto something that can catch fire. The bigger danger occurs if your dog chews on a candle and swallows it as this can cause an intestinal blockage.

Our Articles you may love to Read...

Related Topics

My Dog Shoppe